SOE - “Failed to construct instance of service xxx"

04-01-2016 11:52 AM
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

I created 2 soe projects that are almost identical in structure and code.  I deployed them into my ArcGIS Server.  One of them works fine, but for the 2nd one,  I got  “Failed to construct instance of service xxx. ClassFactory cannot supply requested class."  Any idea for fixing this bug?   Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Since you haven't included code, or mentioned what language you were using, or even the version of ArcGIS, I doubt there's much we can do to help. 

I can say that this error is consistent with a failure to include a necessary jarfile in your SOE zipfile when using ArcObjects Java.  If this doesn't pertain to your situation, you'll need to go about things the old-fashioned way, stripping the app down to dummy code, then adding pieces back in until it breaks.

- V

0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor

if your soe is developed with .net and you use ags 10.1 or superior:  how is it compiled in build target ? Any CPU or x86 ?

0 Kudos
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor

Got my problem solved.  The problem was due to the conflict of 2 SOEs that have the same Guid ID and/or Package Id defined inthe AssemblyInfo.cs.  When I built the 2nd one, the 2nd one was copied from the 1st one + needed modification.  Thanks for your review and response.