Sharing 3D Tile Cache Data Store: Problem Submitting tile caching job

07-29-2022 09:16 AM
JeffFennellUSAFennell
New Contributor III

Setup a Tile Cache Data Store through Azure Cloudbuilder. Installation succeeded with no errors.

When trying to share a 3D layer from ArcGIS Pro, I get the following error: Problem Submitting tile caching job

On the log the last lines are:

• Status: InProgress StatusMessage: Initializing scene caching process on the server
  • Status: Failed StatusMessage: Problem submitting tile caching job
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MatthewThomas2
Esri Contributor

Hi Jeff, try logging into ArcGIS Server Manager and under Services > System, try restarting the CachingTools service and the PublishingTools service. If that doesn't fix it, try logging into the ArcGIS Server Admin endpoint, and go to Services > System, and open each of these 4 services and restart them all: CachingTools, CachingToolsEx, PublishingTools, PublishingToolsEx. Then try publishing again.

0 Kudos
JeffFennellUSAFennell
New Contributor III

I didn't see CachingToolsEx or PublishingToolsEx, but I saw CachingTools10x & PublishingTools10x (picture attached). I restarted all the services and tried it again and got the following error:

------

Error - ERROR 160213: A networking error occurred.
Error - Failed to execute (Manage Scene Cache).
Informative - Failed at Monday, August 1, 2022 10:21:25 AM (Elapsed Time: 12.35 seconds)
Error - Failed.

0 Kudos
MatthewThomas2
Esri Contributor

Jeff, what version of ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Pro are you using?

0 Kudos
JeffFennellUSAFennell
New Contributor III

Enterprise is 10.9.1 & Pro is 2.9.0

I did see the Feature Layer & Scene Layer were uploaded, but when I try to add it to a scene it says:

"Scene service is missing root node."

0 Kudos
JeffFennellUSAFennell
New Contributor III

Hey Matthew,

Just curious if you had any ideas about how to solve this? We still haven't figured it out

0 Kudos
JeffFennellUSAFennell
New Contributor III

Solution: We needed to open up inbound ports 29080 & 29081 on the tile cache machine.