Select to view content in your preferred language

Sever Level Logs in ArcGIS for Server (Exception Messages)

12-23-2021 11:00 AM
TimHayes2021
New Contributor III

I was looking at the Debug Logs in our ArcGIS Server Manager and see two Severe Level Logs:

Exception in Put(): 4672 Put exception: the client id
4672 already has a value
GIS_Housing.MapServer_4673 checked out.
Housing.MapServer

Exception in Get(): _GetItemIterator exception: client id
4672 is trying to check out GIS_Planning.MapServer
but it already checked out
Housing.MapServer4672
Housing.MapServer

These services are both sourced from our Enterprise GDB (SQL Server not a File GDB or Data Store).

Any thoughts on what these message mean and how to resolve them?

22 Replies
AdrianMarsden
Regular Contributor II

ah my favorite ESRI Community pastime, finding a year old thread with the same issue I just ran into with no resolution 😉

Add me to the list of people spotting this error in my ArcGIS Server logs. Specifically 11.1 and as with others it seems to be limited to services that are in the shared pool.

NickN
by
Occasional Contributor

lol, that's unfortunate that it's still in v11, hopefully they figure it out before 12?

LanceKirby2
Occasional Contributor II

Had this error since 10.9.1. At 11.1 now. FRUSTRATING!

AnneTetley
Occasional Contributor

We're now seeing this a lot since we moved up to 11.1.  Would be good to understand what can be done about it.  I've raised it with our managed service team at ESRI.

AndreaB_

following

0 Kudos
AllenScully2
New Contributor III

Seeing this too - 10.9.1, services mentioned in the error are using the shared instance pool as well.

Wondering if, outside of the Severe logging message, anyone has an idea of what the user experience is?  what happens to the user who's request generated the Severe message?  Anything?  Error message?  

0 Kudos
LanceKirby2

I had esri support take a look. They weren't helpful at all. Just living with it.

0 Kudos
Rabbit
by
New Contributor

This error was showing up in my logs after I published a map image layer. I was able to get around it by changing the instance type for the map service I was having an issue with to "Dedicated Instance pool". 

I don't know if this is the long-term fix everyone needs but this got me to the point that I could see the map. 

0 Kudos
MelissaNorthey
Occasional Contributor

Oh-boy.  I'm following this old thread too now.  Just upgraded to 10.9.1 and am slowly migrating services to ArcGIS Pro runtime.  Those that have been upgraded and set to "Shared instance pool" (isn't that supposed to be a perk of ArcGIS Pro runtime?) are throwing these "SEVERE" errors for us too.  I'm looking to rid us of errors and get everything happy before upgrading to 11.  I feel late to the game but then again I don't feel so alone in this error.

0 Kudos
AmandaDeMedeiros
Esri Contributor

This is most likely BUG-000147815 A series of errors are logged by ArcGIS Server when querying a feature service which utilizes the shared instance pool.

If you make a case with Support they can attach this bug to your case and you can follow it in MyEsri. 

Amanda De Medeiros
Esri Canada