Service Extension - Add and Delete

Jump to solution
10-09-2013 08:58 AM
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor
It happened to me twice already - I added a service extension.  It got crushed somehow, and it got disappeared from the Extension list.  However, this service can't be added.  The warning message likes that:
An extension with name 'xxx' is already registered for service type 'MapServer'
This extenion service is listed in mapservice's capabilities, but not in the Extension list.  It indicates something is wrong for the extension service registry.  Hopefully, ESRI Developer Team can take a look on it and then fix it.  As pointed out in my another thread, I can't do anything on it unless re-install (Remove and then Re-Install, Not Modify or Repair) ArcGIS Server to clean up the \arcgisserver\ folder.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor
Finally, I got my SOE project work, and also got experienced in Service Extension's Add/Remove.  To avoid the problems I mentioned in the thread, namely add/remove a SOE undergoes unsuccessully, you may re-stop and then start your ArcGIS Server again in Task Manager / Services.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ShaningYu
Frequent Contributor
Finally, I got my SOE project work, and also got experienced in Service Extension's Add/Remove.  To avoid the problems I mentioned in the thread, namely add/remove a SOE undergoes unsuccessully, you may re-stop and then start your ArcGIS Server again in Task Manager / Services.
MathieuVILLEMONT1
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

Can you tell us how you fixed it ?
I have exactly the same problem. No SOE inthe Extensions list but when I want to add one I get the following : 'An extension with name 'XXX' is already registered for service type 'MapServer'.
This happened after I uninstalled ArcGIS for Server.

Thanks
0 Kudos
MathieuVILLEMONT1
Occasional Contributor

On Windows open C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Server\bin\ServerTypesExt.dat and remove any references to it :

<ExtensionType file="mysoe.soe">
  <Name>MySOE</Name>
  <DisplayName>MySOE</DisplayName>
  <CLSID>my.soe</CLSID>
  <Description>MySOE description</Description>
  <MaxUploadFileSize>-1</MaxUploadFileSize>
  <AllowedUploadFileTypes/>
  <Properties/>
  <Info>
    <DefaultWebCapabilities/>
    <AllWebCapabilities/>
    <hasManagerPropertiesConfigurationPane>false</hasManagerPropertiesConfigurationPane>
    <SupportsSOAP>false</SupportsSOAP>
    <SupportsREST>true</SupportsREST>
  </Info>
  <Resources>
    <WSDL/>
  </Resources>
</ExtensionType>