Server 10.7.1 says layer not configured for sync

09-26-2019 10:17 AM
LeviCecil
Occasional Contributor III

I'm trying to publish a dataset from ArcGIS Pro 2.4.1 to Server 10.7 for use in a Collector app. I've gone through all the steps to turn this into an editable, sync-enabled dataset. The SDE source for the data is registered with the server, I've added global IDs, enabled archiving (data is non-versioned), and enabled editor tracking. I've enabled editing and sync under the configuration pane of Publish Map Service in Pro. The service publishes successfully, but won't start. I see this error in the logs: Failed to construct instance of service 'BESC_Parkin_Main_Level.MapServer'. Layer(s) or table(s) are not configured for Sync. I'm not sure what I'm missing here. 

21 Replies
MagaliBarrue
New Contributor

Today I have the same problem as you. The feature classes are in an enterprise GDB (PostgreSQL 9.4). I enabled GlobalID, editor tracking and versioning (the data is not archived). I also have related attachments. I published the service with synchronization option on the portal 10.7.1. I had no problem. The service worked.

I had to stop the service to disable versioning. When I wanted to restart the service, I received the same error message. However, when I reactivate versioning, I can restart the service. I think there is a relationship between the synchronization option on the service and the versioning of the feature class. It is just a guess.

I need to discuss this problem with ESRI support to understand and find a solution. On your side, have you found a solution?

0 Kudos
LeviCecil
Occasional Contributor III

No, ESRI told me the issue wasn't reproducible and closed the case (even though they initially told me it was a BUG . The workarounds mentioned above have worked for us so far. 

0 Kudos