Search widget in Enterprise Experience builder

Jump to solution
11-15-2022 05:19 AM
AngelaSchirck
Occasional Contributor II

I posted this as a reply to a similar question from May of this year, but thought I'd get more input if I also made a new post.

We have just switched over to Enterprise (2 weeks ago) and I was using experience builder to create an app.  I want to add the search widget to my map (not the basic one you can select in properties).  But, it appears there is no search widget in Enterprise EB.  In fact, there seem to be fewer widgets in Enterprise over all as compared to AGOL.  See Screen shots below.  It seems like a search widget would be a basic tool to include in the original build of EB.  Does anybody know why it's not there? Or of a "work around" so that I can use it in my project?  So far I'm not impressed with Enterprise! 

AngelaSchirck_0-1668518319595.png 

AngelaSchirck_1-1668518330390.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

It kinda depends on which version you're using. So as an example from my deployment, if I'm using experience Builder right from the app launcher in my Enterprise Portal (10.8.1) I do not have access to the search widget:

ZachBodenner_0-1668520003366.png

But, if I use the developer edition which I just upgraded to the newest version (very similar to AGOL), I do have access to it: 

ZachBodenner_1-1668520036676.png

If you want to give the developer edition a crack, I think it's kinda nice, but that depends on if you have a web server or not.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

It kinda depends on which version you're using. So as an example from my deployment, if I'm using experience Builder right from the app launcher in my Enterprise Portal (10.8.1) I do not have access to the search widget:

ZachBodenner_0-1668520003366.png

But, if I use the developer edition which I just upgraded to the newest version (very similar to AGOL), I do have access to it: 

ZachBodenner_1-1668520036676.png

If you want to give the developer edition a crack, I think it's kinda nice, but that depends on if you have a web server or not.

0 Kudos
AngelaSchirck

Okay, thanks for the response.  We're using Portal 10.9.1.  I'm not sure what we have, this is very new! I'll check it out.

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

I don't know for sure but I'd guess the built-in ExB for Enterprise Portal 11 has the search widget, so yeah if you need any help implementing the developer edition feel free to reach out!

0 Kudos
AngelaSchirck

Thanks a lot Zach!  

0 Kudos
AngelaSchirck

Hey Zach, 

Thanks a lot for this.  Just talked to my boss and we already have it set up, she just needs to give me access.

0 Kudos
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Great to hear!

0 Kudos
Scott_Tansley
MVP Regular Contributor

The release of EB in Enterprise will always be the one that is available/stable when the install media is finalised.  It won't be updated until you upgrade, and then upgrade again etc...  This means it will always fall behind AGOL, which is updated several times a year.

However.  It is common practice to download the developed edition of the toolkit.  The release versions/history for that can be found here:  https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/release-versions/  There are also instructions and such like.  While it's called the developer edition, you can use it as is.  

I just wanted to share an alternative option to help you move forward.

Scott Tansley
Consulting Architect (ArcGIS Enterprise)
https://www.linkedin.com/in/scotttansley/