Search Service won't index everything

728
3
01-31-2013 10:38 AM
JacobRaymond
New Contributor III
I have set up a search service on my server to index our SDE that has over 800 datasets stored in it.  I can add the SDE connection information to the search service but it will only index a handful of those datasets and then just stop.  The last time I set it up it indexed the first 42 datasets and then stopped and would not reindex anything.  Then I completely killed that service and created a new one and this time it stops indexing after 11 datasets.

Has anyone else seen this issue or have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Jacob
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SachinChand
Occasional Contributor
I'm having the exactly same issue where it only does a partial indexing then stops.  Therefore, when I search, i get results for the feature classes that have been indexed but not for ones that haven't been indexed.  This is on ArcGIS for Server 10.1 and I'm registering SDE connections.  The ArcGIS Server Manager logs say the following: "Failed to return registered data sources. Premature end of file."
0 Kudos
AllanBenvin
New Contributor III
I am getting the same thing with 10.2 when pointing to an Oracle ArcSDE database.
Things work great with a file geodatabase but unfortunately it is not just me working in my basement, this is a large multi-user environment.
0 Kudos
KimPeter
Occasional Contributor III
Please contact Esri technical support so they can help identify the issue.
0 Kudos