SDE.Default not at state zero after compress

Jump to solution
01-05-2018 12:37 PM
TheodoreRakel
Occasional Contributor

I'm using ArcGIS 10.2.1.  After deleting all versions except SDE.Default, I ran compress several times.  I still have 2 states in SDE.States and SDE.Default state is not at state zero.  Any ideas on how I can get Default to state zero?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
4 Replies
TheodoreRakel
Occasional Contributor

Thank you.  Someone else was connected.  Once they were disconnected, compress got sde.default to state 0.

AdamZiegler1
Esri Contributor

You could also be dealing with state locks.....check the sde.state_locks table to see what's holding them up. The replica versions that George mentioned would be visible in the sde.versions table. Check those two to see what the hang up is, resolve that, then recompress.

Adam Z

RuchiraWelikala2
New Contributor III

Having a real tough time with this. No matter what i do, our SDE won't compress to state 1. It's always at 2 for the last year or so. We compress every week via a python script for the last 5-6 years. 

The script puts sets the SDE not to accept new connections, disconnects all existing users/clears locks. Then runs the compress. After the compress, it rebuilds the indexes and does an analysis of the tables.

Seems like the for last year or so, none of the deltas have been moving to the business table either on any later. Causing a lot of downstream issues. Wondering if anyone has run into the issue.

0 Kudos