Select to view content in your preferred language

Reloading map/feature services after ArcGIS Enterprise restore

Jump to solution
07-25-2023 09:16 AM
wizgis
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Community, 

I recently created a backup of ArcGIS Enterprise using the webgisdr utility and after some struggle restored it on the new machine. I discovered that the hosted services on the new machine were working fine, however, the referenced feature/map services were not working. I figured this is because of the fact that I have not yet installed geodatabase which is PostgreSQL in our case. 

Hence, I created the backup of PostgreSQL Geodatabase and restored it on the new machine successfully, however, the referenced services are still not loading. I am not sure if I am missing something here or if something additional needs to be done after restoring the geodatabase so that the referenced services start loading.

Any insights on this would be helpful. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ArchitSrivastava

Hello @wizgis ,

I understand the situation. However, I think this would be an expected behavior, as mentioned below:

ArchitSrivastava_0-1690787815967.png

For full details, please go through : Restore ArcGIS Enterprise 

Furthermore, this wouldn't provide you the solution sadly. What I would suggest is taking a path of what @berniejconnors has mentioned, try to republish the services. We can surely make that easy by scripting the process (If the number of services are huge.)

Additionally, the second and major part of this process would be to "Overwrite existing service" rather than publishing a new ones. This would allow you to keep you "Web Maps", "Web Apps" and any other components which are utilizing those services intact.

Hope it helps!

-Archit

View solution in original post

6 Replies
berniejconnors
Regular Contributor

@wizgis ,

Have you tried stopping and starting the ArcGIS server machines in the Server Manager? 

https://<servername>:6443/arcgis/manager/site.html

If all of the server names, paths, and db connections are the same between the old and new architecture your services should restart

Bernie.

0 Kudos
wizgis
by

@berniejconnors I restarted the windows service of ArcGIS Server however, still having the same issue.

0 Kudos
wizgis
by

Just wanted to share that the datastores got validated after restarting the windows service of DataStore, Portal  & Server, as well as Postgresql.

0 Kudos
berniejconnors
Regular Contributor

Have you tried opening the MXDs or projects that was used to publish your services?  Can those documents still connect to their data sources? 

If you still can't find the problem perhaps the solution is to republish your services.  How many services do you have?

0 Kudos
ArchitSrivastava

Hello @wizgis ,

I understand the situation. However, I think this would be an expected behavior, as mentioned below:

ArchitSrivastava_0-1690787815967.png

For full details, please go through : Restore ArcGIS Enterprise 

Furthermore, this wouldn't provide you the solution sadly. What I would suggest is taking a path of what @berniejconnors has mentioned, try to republish the services. We can surely make that easy by scripting the process (If the number of services are huge.)

Additionally, the second and major part of this process would be to "Overwrite existing service" rather than publishing a new ones. This would allow you to keep you "Web Maps", "Web Apps" and any other components which are utilizing those services intact.

Hope it helps!

-Archit

wizgis
by

Thank you @ArchitSrivastava for letting me know this. Additionally, I would like to share that after restarting the windows service of Postgres, ArcGIS Server, Portal & DataStore, I was able to validate the data stores successfully and my services started working, and I could see features the loading in map viewer as well as in the application.

0 Kudos