Select to view content in your preferred language

Relational Data Store has a status of RecoveryFailed

Jump to solution
11-01-2023 10:49 AM
StephenKaranja
Regular Contributor

Hello,

We can no longer validate our relational data store using ArcGIS Server Manager. The describedatastore utility shows that the status of the relational data store is RecoveryFailed. Restarting the ArcGIS Data Store service does not change the status.

We'd appreciate any help in resolving this.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StephenKaranja
Regular Contributor

The problem resolved itself. We restarted the ArcGIS Data Store service a few times and eventually it started with a status of "Started".

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Dan_Brumm
Frequent Contributor

Ran into this issue a few times where my DS was working fine but it had a status of RecoveryFailed. Worked with ESRI to resolve:

1. Stop the  DataStore windows services. 
  2. Go to C:\arcgisdatastore\etc\relational-config.json
  3. Set: datastore.lastknowstatus & localstore.lastknownstatus to "Stopped"
  4. Restart the datastore and see if that resets the status of each line to "Started" . 
  5. Run the describedatastore command to validate
Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
StephenKaranja
Regular Contributor

Thanks a lot for the instructions Daniel. I've tried them out but they haven't resolved the problem. After restarting the data store service, the lines in the relational-config.json file change to "StartFailed", and running the describedatastore utility shows that the status of the relational data store is also "StartFailed".

0 Kudos
shapirot
Occasional Contributor

wow - this method just saved my data store!  somehow, my relational-config.json file was entirely empty.  I copied the history file into it, and then followed these steps and we are back up and running.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
Dan_Brumm
Frequent Contributor

I am trying to find my ESRI ticket so i can see exactly what we tried. In the mean time do your datastore logs point at anything? 

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
0 Kudos
Hector_Melendez
Emerging Contributor

I'm having the same issue. Did you find the steps to fix it? @Dan_Brumm @StephenKaranja 

0 Kudos
StephenKaranja
Regular Contributor

The problem resolved itself. We restarted the ArcGIS Data Store service a few times and eventually it started with a status of "Started".

brumm1dj
Emerging Contributor

My ticket outline the same steps as I wrote above. For us the DS never stopped working we just had that odd status that I didn’t like seeing. 

0 Kudos