Python toolbox building a PDF report with reportlab crashes ArcSOC.exe

09-18-2016 03:16 PM
FraserHand
Occasional Contributor III

Hi There,

I have a Python toolbox published to ArcGIS for Server 10.3.1 that uses the reportlab python module to create  PDF. What I am seeing is that the after we have built the PDF scaffold once we try to build it the ArcSOC.exe crashes. This is on the reportlab pdf document build() function. If we try to execute the tool again it runs fine. This is a multiple machine site but both machines are the same and it seems to crash on both nodes. The script works fine every time from the Python interpreter.

Is there any additional logging we can get to, which may explain why the ArcSOC crashes? Does ArcGIS Server set up the Python environment in a certain way as I see errors (especially around encoding) occur in the Esri environment that doesn't happen in a pure Python environment?

Has anyone seen similar issues using reporlab? Has anyone seen ArcSOCs crash during Python toolbox execution?

Many thanks

Fraser

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MarkEastwood
Occasional Contributor II

@Fraser Hand did you ever resolve your issue? I seem to be having a similar problem.

0 Kudos
FraserHand1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I think it was an encoding issue around some characters with accents from memory.

Thanks

Fraser

0 Kudos