Publishing tile package "There was an error publishing the service"

Jump to solution
12-31-2014 10:33 AM
SébastienMartin
New Contributor III

Hi,

I uploaded several tile packages (,tpk), and I keep getting the error "There was an error publishing the service" when pressing the publish button.

My tile packages open without problem in ArcMap 10.2.2.

I don't have SSL enabled either.

When I try sharing directly from ArcMap (resulting in ArcGIS Online tiling for me), there is no problem. But I tried this only for the first scales (doing that for the entire project would cost me a ton of credits to tile).

So I use the "Create Map Tile Package" tool from the Package toolset (Data Management Tools) to create my tpk. (I also use a custom tiling scheme). Then I upload the package to Arcgis online (I tried via Toolbox and from my browser). When I press the Publish button, I get the "There was an error publishing the service." error.

Help me please!

0 Kudos
10 Replies
SébastienMartin
New Contributor III

I just realized I didn't post the solution I found to this problem. It was only a matter of ArcMap Version. The version I used (10.2 I think), was using slightly different scales that the 10.3 version (the difference was in the decimals). When they updated ArcGIS Online, packages using the old scale values couldn't publish. That's it!

Cheers.