Publishing "Version Management" enabled Map Service to ArcGIS Server

12-17-2019 11:28 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having trouble enabling the "Version Management" checkbox for a published Map Service on ArcGIS Server (see image below).  I followed the instructions given in the ArcGIS blog "Branch Versioning: Setting the Stage" (a great posting by Peter Forister) and published a Map Service, but the "Version Management" checkbox is disabled.  The instruction given in the blog is to publish a layer through Portal so I guess publishing a Map Service to ArcGIS Server may require a different approach. 

I am in an educational organization and I am not sure the Portal for ArcGIS is offered to institutional members so I am trying to publish an editing enabled layer to ArcGIS Online.  I would very much appreciate any help.

Image:  ArcGIS Server Manager: "Version Management" checkbox is unenabled

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlexanderSt__John
New Contributor III

Same problem.

I published a web layer with branch versioned data from Pro to our Enterprise Portal's Hosting Server. The enterprise geodatabase is registered with the Hosting Server.

I go into the published service in Server Manager and see the same thing, where Version Management is greyed out, even though editing is definitely enabled.

I tried to Update Sharing of the System-VersionManagementTools geoprocessing service, but see no change and the sharing does not seem to take hold either. Nothing in the Server logs about this etiher.

AlexanderSt__John_0-1683748868196.png

0 Kudos