Problems logging into server manager with domain account

04-25-2013 01:22 PM
IgorBalotsky1
Occasional Contributor
Hello,

I am having problems logging into my server manager site using my domain account. I switched the configuration settings to use Windows domain and using ArcGIS server built-in roles. Then, I created a new admin role and added my domain account to it. However, when I attempt to log in to the http://mysite:8080/arcgis/manager site with my domain account, I get a invalid credentails login failed error. I try this with the built-in siteadmin and it works perfectly. Any ideas why I can't log in with my domain account?

Thanks,
Igor
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
RichardWatson
Frequent Contributor
In order to log into ArcGIS Server Manager, I think that you have to be a member of the Administrator Role.  Are you?
0 Kudos
IgorBalotsky1
Occasional Contributor
Yes - I am in the Administrator group of server manager, and it won't authenticate my domain account. Has anyone got it working with domain accounts? I am getting invalid username or password error.

Everything works great if I switch to use ArcGIS built in accounts and tokens...
0 Kudos
IgorBalotsky1
Occasional Contributor
I tried both DOMAIN\username and just the username in the login screen - both methods fail. Hopefully this will work in ArcGIS 10.2.
0 Kudos
PaulGrimes
New Contributor III
Hi Guys,

Did you find a solution

I have the same issue since I added SP1 to my 10.1 instance.  

my account is a member of Administrators etc. and all was working fine up until the SP1

Paulg
0 Kudos
IgorBalotsky1
Occasional Contributor
Nope - no solution yet. I can't deploy ArcGIS Server applications to my enterprise environment until they fix this issue.

Igor
0 Kudos
ScottSwanson
New Contributor
This happened to me as well. My account is local admin on server and in the admin role that I setup. Did the password for the domain account used to establish the connection when initially setting up site security recently change? This problem happened to me soon after I changed password on my account. I had to open up AGS manager using site account (not tied to domain) and then edit the site security settings, click through the wizard until Windows Domain Credentials screen appears. I then reentered credentials (with changed password), test connection, then click through remaining wizard screens. I was then able to sign out and sign back in again using my domain credentials.
0 Kudos
Bakht_AliKhan
New Contributor

I have faced the same problem, trying  the solution give here and in this web : https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012071 

but not solved my problem.

I have uninstall ArcGIS SERVER &  Delete the ArcGIS User Account from User Accounts. Control Pannel -> User Accounts. Select the ArcGIS Accounts & Delete it. Then restart the system & again install the ArcGIS server application. Now it work fine......

0 Kudos