PKIX Exception in Portal using Utility services

08-01-2018 04:31 AM
RubénPérez_Planillo
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have implemented a fully ArcGIS Enterprise Base Deployment (only https with a valid certificate in IIS). I have configured it to use ArcGIS  utility services, embedding an arcGIS  valid user.

But, when I try to use it (for example create a buffer around point features in the map viewer) an exception arise:

"Create Service exception ' Exception: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: host unable to find valid certification path to requested target'"

I know this is about SSL certificates and I add some certificates to portal repository (portal/portaladmin/security/sslCertificates/) including the IIS certificate and ArcGIS  certificate (I'm desperate...  )

What I have to do to fix this??

thanks!!!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Export the certificate using the 'Certificates' snap in in MMC. Choose to export the private key. Use .pfx format. Use the wizard to define a username and password, and import. Also get and import the root cert.

RubénPérez_Planillo
New Contributor III

Thanks for the answer!

But I don't understand what is the certificate to export (valid certificate from IIS?) and where to import it... I really don't understand where is the problem: server side or client side...

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

It's likely that the certificate that is used for the admin URL of the federated/hosting server isn't trusted by Portal. Is it a self signed certificate? If not, is it a certificate from your domain signing authority, or a wildcard certificate?

RubénPérez_Planillo
New Contributor III

Thank you, Jonathan!

Finally I fixed it configuring the IIS certificate (valid server certificate) in server and portal.

I mean, not only installing it but configuring it as active certificate in both.

0 Kudos