Select to view content in your preferred language

Partial Datastore Recovery

Tuesday
John_Davis709
New Contributor

Hello All,

I am looking for a way to do a partial/separate restore of an ArcGIS Datastore backup. I had a coworker delete a hosted feature layer record with attachments. They exported the data first but did not select a format that supported attachments. We have had production data added to hosted layers since, so a restore from backup does not seem to be an option.

Has anyone else had a similar situation? Is there a way to retrieve just that feature class information?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TonyContreras_Frisco_TX
Occasional Contributor III

There is not really a great way to do this, as the backed up data is in a postgres format. There might be a way to pick through backed up files, but if anything goes wrong, you will not be able to receive Support from Esri to fix anything. From my experience, you have two options:

1. Export the updated data since the change, restore the backup, then upload the exported data.
  2. Create another backup from now, restore the backup with the data you want to retrieve and export it correctly. Then restore the more recent backup.

Either option should be carried out outside of working hours, if possible. Option #1 will have less downtime, but possibly more work to manage the data that has changed since the service deletion. Option #2 is what I would recommend, since it keeps the new data/changes intact.

0 Kudos