Overwriting a Feature Service creates an additional "replica" service in ArcGIS for Server 10.2.2

Jump to solution
12-05-2016 02:20 PM
WilliamSchoefmann
New Contributor II

I noticed that while overwriting some of my Feature Services to my ArcGIS for Server, a second service is created once the process is run and complete.  It has the name of my primary service that I'm overwriting but then has "_20161201203" for example, a time stamp of sorts.  My question is what should I be doing with this and is there any purpose for it?  I tried looking in the help for the tool but didn't find anything on this.  I've attached a screen shot to illustrate what I'm talking about when viewing the services in Server Manager.

note: these feature services are being deployed for consumption by a third party software to access, update, add, delete data in an SQL database.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
WilliamSchoefmann
New Contributor II

does the green star at top indicate that or do I mark that somewhere in the original post?

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

...looks like you found it.    On threads, you mark all those you find helpful as "helpful", and the best as "correct" (which I agree with your choice).  If nothing answers your question you can mark it as "assumed answered" at the top, just to have it be closed (people can still add comments), or if you solve it yourself, if you mark your own answer (let's say you solve and give a summary, which will be helpful for others), you will not get "points" for marking your own, but it will close the question and help others in the future.