Offline Editing Error

01-31-2019 08:39 AM
AndrewMilanes
Occasional Contributor II

Enterprise 10.6.  I've published a feature service from my SQL database that is versioned, has editor tracking, and contains attachments.  The feature service capabilities include Create, Query, Update, Sync, Delete.

This feature service is included in a web map in Portal.  When I attempt to download an offline area in Collector it fails and the following is shown in the Server log:

Unable to process request. Error handling schema request: java.lang.Exception: java.io.IOException: Server object extension 'versionmanagementserver' not found.

I have another feature service published from the same SQL database that does not give me this error.  However, the feature service that works does not contain attachments or have editor tracking.

Any thoughts?

16 Replies
MatthewGeorge
Occasional Contributor II

Was this ever solved?

RickVillarreal
New Contributor III

I am very curious about this as well. I am getting the same error and this is the only thread that appears to have posed the question. 

but.jpg

ClintonBallandis1
Occasional Contributor

I'm also getting this error 

Unable to process request. Error handling schema request: java.lang.Exception: java.io.IOException: Server object extension 'versionmanagementserver' not found.

No idea why or what it relates to except that it occurs on our open data services

Yann-EricBoyeau
Occasional Contributor

Hi, same here with ArcGIS server 10.8.1.

Starting a map service with feature access enabled lead to :

JulieK
by
Occasional Contributor

Did this issue resolve?

0 Kudos
JulieK
by
Occasional Contributor

Hey Yann,

I see these error when using a feature service. Were you able to resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Julie

0 Kudos
Yann-EricBoyeau
Occasional Contributor

Hi Julie,

At the moment, I tend to believe that this error might be ignored. It may be the result of a test from the client (Portal, Mobile application) to discover if the service enables Branch Versioning Management.
We managed to get offline packages and synchronize non-hosted feature service despite this error.

Please consider that this suggestion has not been confirmed by ESRI, so I might be wrong. Maybe @RemiMyers or @DerekLaw could forward the question to the dedicated team.

0 Kudos
RemiMyers
Esri Contributor

Hi Yann & Julie,

Thanks for reaching out.  My first response to this chain is I will have to make a few guesses here.  As always, we recommend running something like this past Esri Support, where they can gather very specific details regarding your configuration and system to best respond to your issue.  Now with my pitch over (grin), I suspect you are trying to take a branch service (and maybe a utility network type) offline for editing.  Unfortunately, at this time REST services with utility networks cannot be packaged for offline editing in mobile applications (or any other applications).  It is a capability that the team is working on but is still a bit down the road.  If your branch service does not have the utility network, is configured for editing, and does not push your payload to offline apps, then I would reach out to Support to have someone look at what's going on.  Also, the blog below could be helpful to dive deeper into Branch Version configurations.   

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-pro/data-management/version-administrator-for-branc...

0 Kudos
Yann-EricBoyeau
Occasional Contributor

Hi Remi,

Thanks for your quick feedback. We are not using branch versioned data, that is why we are surprised to see a request and an error related to "versionmanagementserver".

We will reach the support about this error in the logs.

0 Kudos