OAuth 2 with Arcgis Server

08-18-2020 03:59 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do you enable an oauth2 endpoint with ArcGIS Server with out Portal?

This documentation (Authentication—ArcGIS REST API | ArcGIS for Developers) states

Note:

Support for OAuth 2.0 was added to ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS at version 10.3. It is not available if using Portal for ArcGIS version 10.2 and earlier."

But I can't seem to find any other info on how to configure Oauth 2 with ArcGIS Server.  

Is this a mistake?  

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Ali Wieckowicz‌,

As per my understanding, it is not possible to use OAuth 2.0 with a standalone Server. It is feasible if the environment is configured as ArcGIS  Enterprise. After a bit of research, I found the following documentation which explains security methodologies available. It states the following:

"OAuth 2.0 (OAuth😞 The ArcGIS platform determines user authenticity and a token is supplied to the client app. This token is used in subsequent requests for secured resources. OAuth 2.0 is the recommended methodology to use to sign in your users. Available with ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise version 10.3 and later.

Full doc. URL: ArcGIS Security and Authentication | ArcGIS for Developers  

P.S : What is ArcGIS Enterprise?—ArcGIS Enterprise | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope it helps!!

0 Kudos