Select to view content in your preferred language

New to Enterprise/SDE need help

11-16-2023 09:19 AM
lasoccrref
New Contributor

I am a life long END USER, meaning I work with GIS (since ArcGIS 7.2 in college) and right now I am making a self-transition/improvement to working with Enterprise/SDE. All the "learning" I am doing is on my own so ANY help my fellow GIS peers can share I would greatly appreciate it.

Please NOTE, I do NOT and stress the word NOT learn by the method of "here's a book, read it, learn it on your own". I learn best with hands on learning, so if you have any good YouTube videos OR can recommend good ESRI classes I can take online (yes I know I said I do not learn best with this method - I need to get out of my "51 year old comfort zone").

Thank you, Semper Fi, and have a nice day,

Johannes R. Kronenfeld
USMC Vet 1991-1997 (Corporal)
La Army Guard 1997-2003 (Sergeant)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Esri Geodatabase Training
www.esri.com/training/Bookmark/FK72C86WE
free content is available that you can take and many other online classes, my recommendation is before you jump into the Geodatabase that you attend RDMBS training first, e,g. Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL.

This road is long, learning takes years, an effective Enterprise Geodatabase Administrator needs to have a good knowledge of RDBMS first, this is the foundation, and good knowledge of the ArcSDE Geodatabase. And continue to learn advanced RDBMS technology, and advanced ArcSDE Geodatabase features every new release.

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov