Multipoint Shape to Point

Jump to solution
07-18-2019 01:08 PM
MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I a\m running into issues editing data using Collector for ArcGIS. When I attempt to edit a point, it causes the app to crash. I think that I have it narrowed down to the fact that for some reason the 3 point feature classes that I am working with are, according to the Shape* field, Multipoint. Which I cannot confirm wether or not Collector supports.

When I attempt to convert the multipoint to a point, using the advanced editing toolbar, "Explode Multipart" , I get an error back saying that there are no multipart features selected. I am not the creator of this data, it is third party that we received. I have tried using the feature to point tool in Data Management Tools, however this just creates an empty feature class.

My guess is that the data was originally produced in CAD and then converted. I can work with the data in AGOL, ArcMap, just not Collector. 

Looking for any suggestions for a successful conversion from multipoint to point so that I can see if I can get this data to work within Collector.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Mike - it looks like your crash may be related to the Technical Article.  Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

So shortly after posting I found a solution. I used FME and ran the "GeometryRefiner" transformer to convert my multipoint. Rebuilt the AGOL map and I can now work with the data within Collector.

So my assumption is that Collector does not support multipoint features, that seems to be the what was the issue for me. I cannot find documentation for or against however.

Thanks,

Mike

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Mike - it looks like your crash may be related to the Technical Article.  Hope this helps!

MikeBly
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for providing this Robert, I was hoping to come across something like this somewhere, but was unable to find it.

Regards,

Mike