Moving our ArcGIS Server and GeoEvents to new Server

09-12-2019 07:32 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

We are planning on moving our ArcGIS Server and GeoEvents and License manager all currently at 10.6 from our old server (2008 R2) to a new server (Sever 2016) which was spun up on our virtual server environment by our IT peeps. My question is the order in which to do the authorizing and de-authorizing, uninstalling, installing.

And maybe I am over thinking this but, can I just install license manager 10.7.1 and Server and GeoEvents on our new server. (And obviously upgrade our exiting web adapter that sits on our dmz to 10.7.1 and repoint that to our new server name, url, etc) Authorize all software on new server since it will be a different version as the currently installed versions. then go back to our old server and de-authorize and then uninstall everything. 

I just want to make sure that I have the order right before I start de-authorizing, authorizing, uninstalling and installing a bunch of stuff. 

Also we do not, and are not planning on federating our server with portal.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AmnoyAm
Esri Regular Contributor

Install all applications on the new server.  For ArcGIS Server (AGS) and GeoEvent Server, proceed to authorize them.  As for the License Manager, you will need to deauthorize the current licenses first.  Then authorize them on the new server.  Verify the ArcGIS Server and GeoEvent Server are up and running.  Also verify the licenses on the new License Manager are updated.  Afterward, decommission the existing server.  

BatbayarJagaa
New Contributor

hi hi, 

additional question for you. 

How should I deauthorize ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS? is there specific tool or option in manager? 

thank you.

Batka

0 Kudos