Mixed Data Stores

09-28-2012 12:54 PM
StevenGriffith
New Contributor III
I'm getting the following error when trying to publish a service to a 10.1 server:

"Invalid service definition. Cannot have "mixed" data stores with a feature or geocode service."

The service I'm trying to publish has one feature data set with two layers, both are from the same geodatabase. (SQL Server)

Any idea of what ArcMap could be complaining about??

Steve G.
County of SLO
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

That's it, Jay! Thank you!!   A true miss for the "Analyze" button on the Service Editor window....

0 Kudos
PropertiesCurtin1
New Contributor

This issue still exists in 10.5 where it presents, in my case, as "ERROR 1369: Failed to create the service" in ArcMap. 

The server log shows "Failed to create the service.: Invalid service definition. Cannot have "mixed" data stores with a feature service"

Removing images from the layout window does resolve the problem. The problem only occurs when "Feature Access" for the service is ticked as one of the Capabilities.

0 Kudos
RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

If you've removed everything from the map document except for data that all resides within the same database, I'd open a new arcmap session and drag the layers from map doc 'a' into new map doc 'b', then attempt to republish. Sometimes map documents hold onto old data references when they shouldn't.

0 Kudos
LarryMasters
Occasional Contributor

I had a different problem. I built a mapping service in Portal to show how the app would look. Just wanted to show and get feed back from future users. I built it in a file DB so i could make changes easier. Well, when it came time to actually go into production with a feature service, I imported it into my SDE DB and changed the source on the Map document. That through my error. The advice to create a new map document with new data source was correct. Once I did that, all was well.

0 Kudos