Select to view content in your preferred language

Merging multiple services in one,

11-06-2014 05:40 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Merging multiple services in one service,

I couldn’t figure out if there is a way to merger multiple services in one.

For example, I have three services that contain buildings of three communities. How can I merge the buildings of these three communities in one service such that these three services appear as one service of one layer.

Clip_176.jpg

Thank you

Best

Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jamal,

You could create a group layer in ArcMap of the three services.  Your other option is to add the three feature classes to a new map document, and publish as a new map service.

DavidColey
Honored Contributor

Jamal-

The short answer is you can't. But you can make the data appear to come from one service if you call the layers in as FeatureLayers in say a JavaScript API client, and then render the buildings identiacally in the applicaiton.

David

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thank you very much skinner and dcoley for the very useful input.

1. The assumption here is that these services (which are not limited to three) are coming from multiple institutions (and thus their database is stored in multiple places) and wanted to be merged in one service. Therefore, there is no way to work at the level of database but the only option is to play with the published services in order to combine the buildings into sole service.

1. The mxd file that contains the services in a group layer can’t be published. Not supported

Clip_1071.jpg

1. The mxd file that contains the services can’t be published. Not supported

Clip_1072.jpg

4. I have no idea how to “call the layers in as FeatureLayers in say a JavaScript API client”?

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos