Map Viewer Beta for ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1

04-26-2021 11:17 AM
Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I've been experimenting with Map Viewer Beta in ArcGIS Enterprise and have had difficulty getting labels to appear. One of the draws to using Map Viewer Beta for me in the first place was the expanded and more detailed label controls.

I'm attempting to label hydrology features from the NHD and have made sure to set a label filter to catch all names that are not blank - however, even with label classes enabled the labels are not showing up.

Has anyone had similar difficulties in Map Viewer Beta for Enterprise? Is there another step that I'm missing somewhere?

Thank you,

Henry
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey there Henry!

What type of layer is the hydrology feature?

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
Henry
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Jon, thanks for the reply.

It's a Hosted Feature Layer with line geometry - derived from a polyline feature class in Desktop.

I just reloaded the Web Map I was experimenting with and the labels for some more of my Hosted Feature Layers (polygon and line) have populated as intended - where they weren't doing so the other day.

The Hosted Feature Layer I'm still having issue with labels popping up with is derived from a PolyLine and is heavily fragmented - so I may have to dissolve it and republish in case there's too many features that it can't label properly.

Henry
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

@Henry wrote:

The Hosted Feature Layer I'm still having issue with labels popping up with is derived from a PolyLine and is heavily fragmented - so I may have to dissolve it and republish in case there's too many features that it can't label properly.

Agree with this statement, good to hear that it worked itself out. Since Map Viewer is still in Beta, I have see some odd behaviors with labeling crop up on complex geometry, this may be what caused it.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos