Listing Service Workspaces

Jump to solution
12-12-2014 09:05 AM
SusanHmel
New Contributor II

I'm interested in being able to manage the underlying data of our ArcGIS Server map services. Basically, I need to be able to list the Service Workspaces for each map service. Several of our sources that support our map services are file geodatabases, and before we remove files no longer needed we want to identify which ones are actually in use by map services. Essentially, create an inventory of data files in use.

This Python script is close, but lists service properties from the REST API, which doesn't provide the service workspace, that I can tell:

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/#/Example_Write_properties_of_all_services_to_a_CSV_fi...

Basically, I'd like to use the functionality that the "Service Workspaces..." provides for each service, but be able to apply that as a batch process to every service in a folder or AGS Instance. I haven't found an ArcPy, ArcObjects, or REST API method to do this yet.

serviceworkspaces.jpg

workspaces.jpg

Thanks,

Susan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonNelson1
New Contributor III

I came across your question looking for the same thing.  After playing with the Manager console and doing a little more digging I found this: ArcGIS REST API – Service Manifest.  It gives you the workspace, MXD path, and more.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BrandonNelson1
New Contributor III

I came across your question looking for the same thing.  After playing with the Manager console and doing a little more digging I found this: ArcGIS REST API – Service Manifest.  It gives you the workspace, MXD path, and more.

SusanHmel
New Contributor II

Thanks, that should help. I think we were at a lesser version that didn't offer the Service Manifest, and our Admin access was disabled anyway. I'll take a look into getting that resolved and try out the approach from REST!

0 Kudos