Issue with the DataStore when trying to add a machine to a cluster

Jump to solution
12-28-2015 09:25 AM
JordanBaumgardner
Occasional Contributor III

I'm hitting a odd issue when trying to connect a new 10.2.2 ArcGis server to an existing cluster.

Error: Failed to join the site .....  Server machine .... returned an error. cannot access ... data store(s) registered with the site. Please ensure that the ArcGIS server account has read and write access to the data store(s).

- The NT user account that ArcGis server is running under is the same as all the other clustered machines. Pwd verified.

- The machine in question can connect to the oracle db via TNSPING and SQLDeveloper

- All datastores are listed in the error message.

- Same oracle client used on working machines was the only oracle client installed on machine experiencing issues.

Does anyone have any diag tips?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JordanBaumgardner

We restarted the ArcGis Services 2x and then it was able to connect to the cluster and the data store's. Go figure. Never underestimate the power of a reboot.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JordanBaumgardner

We restarted the ArcGis Services 2x and then it was able to connect to the cluster and the data store's. Go figure. Never underestimate the power of a reboot.

deleted-user-zbe950UH28a1
New Contributor

The multi reboot path worked for me too. I ended up stoping and starting ArcGIS Server in Server manager as well.

0 Kudos
KenCampbell2
New Contributor

There doesn't seem to be many other results for a google search on this error, so in case anyone else encounters it, it may be useful to add some more info to this page.

I encountered what seems like a very similar error and had to work through a few different issues before i was able to join new my new server to my site.

Firstly, I had forgotten to install a 64 bit oracle client, so while tnsping etc worked perfectly, arcgis server didn't have a chance.

Then after installing a 64 bit instant client and configuring tns_admin and path environment variables, the number of connections listed in the error fell from 6 (ie all the oracle connections in my site) to just one, and that one remaining problematic connection happened to be the one that has an unrelated intermittent network issue, which I verified with a basic ping test .

So finally, after dealing with the underlying network issue, I could then join my server to the site. And none of this had anything to do with the account being used to run arcgis server or the read/write permissions on the connection files.

RandallWilliams
Esri Regular Contributor

Understanding I'm late to the party, we sometimes see this happening with users who have applied Oracle Critical Patch Update – October 2014 without subsequently installing this patch:

ArcGIS 'Oracle Critical Patch Update - October 2014' Connection Issue Patch | Samples and Utilities

0 Kudos