Select to view content in your preferred language

Issue with Custom Printing Service in ArcGIS Experience Builder

05-02-2024 01:56 AM
AkhilRajT
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I've encountered an issue with a custom printing service setup in ArcGIS Experience Builder in ESRI Enterprise 11.2 and I'm seeking some guidance or insights to resolve it.

Here's the scenario:

I've created a layout using ArcGIS Pro and saved it in a folder as a .pagx file. Additionally, I've generated Printing Server tools, including Export Web Map and Get Layout Template Info. These tools are then shared as a web tool to the server.

In the sharing process, I've configured the synchronization option as a parameter, and I've added Get Layout Template Info as a tool in the content.

Next, I've used the service URL of this tool in ArcGIS Experience Builder, where the layout name is correctly showing in the template. However, when attempting to print, I encounter an error.

The error message states "Unable to complete operation".

If anyone has encountered a similar problem or has any insights into how to troubleshoot and resolve this issue, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can provide!

Best regards,

Akhil Raj TError.JPGExperiance Builder.JPGShare As a web tool.JPGWebtool.JPG

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
AkhilRajT
New Contributor II

@A_Wyn_Jones 

Thank you for the reply. 

I can confirm that the printing services in our ArcGIS Experience Builder have indeed been configured as synchronous. Additionally, we have ensured that the service account, which is responsible for running ArcGIS Server, has appropriate access to the location where the print templates are stored. This ensures that the print templates are showing up as expected within the application.

Capture.JPG

Parameters.JPG

0 Kudos
emarcelloni
New Contributor II

Hello, I found this "temporal" solution in those cases where this error arise.

1. Modify your Export Web Map code
  2. After this line -->  WebMap_as_JSON = arcpy.GetParameterAsText(0) 
  3. Put this --> WebMap_as_JSON = WebMap_as_JSON.replace('your.external.gis.domain.com','your.server.localaddres.domain')
  4. Open your Layout.pagx with a text editor and replace all the "your.external.gis.domain.com" with "your.server.localaddres.domain"

The problem ocurrs in this line: project = arcpy.mp.ConvertWebMapToArcGISProject(WebMap_as_JSON, layoutTemplate) I don't know why but if you replace your external gis domain with your local domain works.

For example: If your external or internet address is https://mycompany.gis.com/portal/home and your local address is https://mymachine.server.com/ you have to replace mycompany.gis.com with mymachine.server.com first in the code of your Export Web Map and then in the Layout.pagx

Regards! 

0 Kudos
AkhilRajT
New Contributor II

Hi @emarcelloni,  Thank you for your suggestion. Changing the domain name is not possible in my case, but I will test based on your comment.

0 Kudos