Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there a limitation for publishing csv files in ArcGIS Enterprise by using arcgis python api

10-17-2023 01:55 PM
JunzheZhang
New Contributor II

Hi,

Is there a limitation for publishing csv files in ArcGIS Enterprise by using arcgis python API?

I saw for arcgis online, the limitation is 1000 rows. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

Hey,

I am not aware of this limitation and do not see mention of it in the Publishing documentation so I think this should be fine. 

If you have a link do you mind sharing?

Hope that helps,

David

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello @JunzheZhang 

I concur with @David_McRitchie here. I have not seen any such limitation specification either for ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise. However, I think it could be something with Python script (If you are noticing any failure)

If you are getting an error, I would suggest to upload CSV directly to Portal content, if that fails then there is some sort of limitation or error we are hitting but if that works, it could be the Python script.

Additionally, all the limitations I could find it listed in below document:

Considerations and limitations—ArcGIS REST APIs | ArcGIS Developers

Additionally, I also checked the below function and could not find any mentions of any limits:

arcgis.gis module | ArcGIS API for Python

If you see any errors, let me know we will try to check more details.

Hope it helps!

-Archit

JunzheZhang
New Contributor II

@ArchitSrivastava @David_McRitchie 

Sorry for the late reply. By using arcgis python api, I can publish the csv with more than 20k. However, if I use the "new item" in the portal, it shows 

JunzheZhang_0-1698938622923.png

0 Kudos