Is it possible to reconcile and post DOWN from the default versions to the child version?

Jump to solution
11-09-2020 10:02 AM
MatthewBeal
Occasional Contributor III

I realize this is probably a dumb question, but that's never stopped me before, so here we go. I have set up versioning to allow for two editors to make updates to the parcel layer simultaneously. That works great. However, once I've reconciled and posted both versions to default, that still leaves both editors looking at two different versions of the data. Is there a way to trigger the editor versions to be updated with the default version once it is posted or is my only option to delete and recreate the versions?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SteveMurphy
New Contributor II

'Reconcile Down, Post Up'

Start an edit session in the child version, reconcile, resolve conflicts and save. You have now synced changes from the target version down to the child (edit) version. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SteveMurphy
New Contributor II

'Reconcile Down, Post Up'

Start an edit session in the child version, reconcile, resolve conflicts and save. You have now synced changes from the target version down to the child (edit) version. 

DavidHoy
Esri Contributor

extending on Steve Murphy‌'s suggestion

You can create and schedule a pretty straightforward Python script to do this every day(say) for every version.

Use Python scripting to batch reconcile and post versions—ArcMap | Documentation 

the default behaviour for the "Reconcile Versions" tool is to not Post and that is probably what you want

up to you to decide whether your wish to automatically resolve any conflicts - or leave them to be resolved by  the owner of the Edit Versions when they get around to it.

Would also recommend you include a compress and database re-analyze in the script to keep performance optimal.