Install All Patches button doesn't work

08-06-2021 01:18 PM
JonathanBailey_LimGeomatics
Occasional Contributor

Using the ArcGIS Enterprise Patch Notification utility with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1, a number of patches are shown as available. 

Clicking Install Security Patches opens the Install Patches window with the security patches listed.

Clicking Install All Patches does nothing.

7 Replies
Occasional Contributor

Also, I see that there are 3 entries for Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.8.1 Patch 7 (Desktop | Server) in the list of available patches. Downloading any of these 3 entries does nothing.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

And running from the command line results in the following error:

patchnotification.bat -c -i all
================================================================================
ArcGIS Enterprise Patch Notification
================================================================================

Collecting patch info for:
ArcGIS Server 10.8.1..............

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.esri.arcgis.server.tools.patchnotification.install.PatchFileDownloader.validateDownloadURL(PatchFileDownloader.java:143)
at com.esri.arcgis.server.tools.patchnotification.install.PatchFileDownloader.<init>(PatchFileDownloader.java:63)
at app.gui.installer.InstallItem.<init>(InstallItem.java:76)
at app.gui.ConsoleHandler.installAvailablePatches(ConsoleHandler.java:83)
at app.Main.main(Main.java:303)

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

So then, I tried downloading and installing the Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.8.1 Patch 7 and installing manually. I get the error message that it can't be installed because the component is missing. Of course it is, because I didn't install it. So why is the Patch Notification utility trying to download and install it?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

After clicking on individual patches to download and install them, I got to the very last patch in the list: ArcGIS Server Annotation Layer Performance Improvement Patch. Clicking on this to download and install results in an error. If I go to the Esri site to manually download and install, then it installs fine. After doing that, NOW clicking on the Install All Patches button works. So, I spent 2 hours babysitting patch installs because of this bug.

Of course, I still get errors from the Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.8.1 Patch 7. 

Screenshot 2021-08-07 083733.png

JeremiahErickson
New Contributor

I am in the same boat as you.

0 Kudos
GerjanWalrecht_EZ
New Contributor

Jonathan,

Tnx for sharing this, you just saved us the time solving this! We will contact our local support and ask I they can put some pressure on this to get it fixed.

0 Kudos
JeremiahErickson
New Contributor

I went through a near identical process as above last week.  I was also able to manually update the ArcGIS Server Annotation Layer Performance Improvement Patch.  I however am also still unable to get the other patches to download.  Just tried again to see if anything changed and it hasn't.

0 Kudos