Install All Patches button doesn't work

08-06-2021 01:18 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using the ArcGIS Enterprise Patch Notification utility with ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1, a number of patches are shown as available. 

Clicking Install Security Patches opens the Install Patches window with the security patches listed.

Clicking Install All Patches does nothing.

10 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also, I see that there are 3 entries for Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.8.1 Patch 7 (Desktop | Server) in the list of available patches. Downloading any of these 3 entries does nothing.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

And running from the command line results in the following error:

patchnotification.bat -c -i all
================================================================================
ArcGIS Enterprise Patch Notification
================================================================================

Collecting patch info for:
ArcGIS Server 10.8.1..............

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.esri.arcgis.server.tools.patchnotification.install.PatchFileDownloader.validateDownloadURL(PatchFileDownloader.java:143)
at com.esri.arcgis.server.tools.patchnotification.install.PatchFileDownloader.<init>(PatchFileDownloader.java:63)
at app.gui.installer.InstallItem.<init>(InstallItem.java:76)
at app.gui.ConsoleHandler.installAvailablePatches(ConsoleHandler.java:83)
at app.Main.main(Main.java:303)

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

So then, I tried downloading and installing the Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.8.1 Patch 7 and installing manually. I get the error message that it can't be installed because the component is missing. Of course it is, because I didn't install it. So why is the Patch Notification utility trying to download and install it?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

After clicking on individual patches to download and install them, I got to the very last patch in the list: ArcGIS Server Annotation Layer Performance Improvement Patch. Clicking on this to download and install results in an error. If I go to the Esri site to manually download and install, then it installs fine. After doing that, NOW clicking on the Install All Patches button works. So, I spent 2 hours babysitting patch installs because of this bug.

Of course, I still get errors from the Mapping and Charting Solutions 10.8.1 Patch 7. 

Screenshot 2021-08-07 083733.png

JeremiahErickson
New Contributor

I am in the same boat as you.

0 Kudos
Ben-Jammin
New Contributor

They need to release a patch to fix the patching 🤣

GerjanWalrecht_EZ
New Contributor

Jonathan,

Tnx for sharing this, you just saved us the time solving this! We will contact our local support and ask I they can put some pressure on this to get it fixed.

JeremiahErickson
New Contributor

I went through a near identical process as above last week.  I was also able to manually update the ArcGIS Server Annotation Layer Performance Improvement Patch.  I however am also still unable to get the other patches to download.  Just tried again to see if anything changed and it hasn't.

AKRRMapGuy
New Contributor III

I am experiencing this with 10.7.1 right now...

0 Kudos