Images of Esri ArcInfo software

04-25-2019 06:08 PM
JanBenson1
Occasional Contributor

I am making a poster and in need of images of Esri ArcInfo software.  I think I started around version 3 and have progressed onward since then.  Unfortunately it never occurred to me to take photos and folks that I know have discarded the media.  I have a beta 7.0, 7.1.2 and 7.2.1 disc as well as 8.1.2,and onward from 8.3 to 10.1.  At version 10.2 I started getting software downloaded off the web so no cd's.  If you have images of those discs I would like those too.  I am interested in just images of the product that I could use in my poster such as a copy of the disc or image of the tape container that references the product.   I have searched the web, but have not had any success.  As for ArcVIew, I think I have the discs.  Thanks for any help you can give me.  I cannot figure out how to post for a larger audience so I will do the conference.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

Hello Jan,

maybe something in here

Experience the History of ESRI and GIS 

0 Kudos
JanBenson1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Bill.  I really want to get images of the media.  I did look around and am glad there is some documentation of the history of GIS and Esri.

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

The software destruction policy mandated all the old media into the shredder.

JanBenson1
Occasional Contributor

Wow!  How cruel.  That explains my difficulty in finding media or images of media.  Well I will have to adjust to what I have.  Thank you so much for the information.

0 Kudos