Select to view content in your preferred language

How to include map image layer in offline sync map

Jump to solution
04-23-2020 12:51 PM
CoryDavis
Occasional Contributor

I've got an iOS Runtime SDK app which with an Offline Sync mode and I'm trying to add a map image layer to the offline map.

I have enabled offline sync for all of the operational feature layers according to this article, but there are business reasons preventing me from publishing the map image layer in the same manner.

These are the blocking issues:

1. There are two feature classes which are created from database views, which cannot enable archiving.
  2. Three feature classes utilize branch versioning which for business reasons cannot be dropped. The other layers (about two dozen) are not versioned. This mix of versioning is not allowed when enabling sync.
  3. Two of the feature classes came from File Geodatabases rather than the necessary Enterprise Geodatabase.

My question is if it is possible to include this map image layer in the offline map without publishing it as a sync-enabled feature service. I only have experience publishing layers in that manner, but my instincts tell me image layers need to be handled a different way I am not aware of. The map image layer is effectively readonly, so I wonder if it is necessary to fix all the underlying issues described above.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Cory,

The points you mentioned would prevent you enabling sync on a feature service. You may want to take a look at the 'ExportTiles' operation. This operation lets clients export cache tiles. This may allow your application to export a copy of the map service tiles.

ArcGIS REST API - Export Tiles  

Thanks,

Thomas.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Cory,

The points you mentioned would prevent you enabling sync on a feature service. You may want to take a look at the 'ExportTiles' operation. This operation lets clients export cache tiles. This may allow your application to export a copy of the map service tiles.

ArcGIS REST API - Export Tiles  

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos