How to divide each polygon in a grid layer into a specific number of labeled columns and rows on Data view.

Jump to solution
08-12-2018 03:24 AM
MajdoleenO_A__Awadallah
Occasional Contributor III

How to divide each polygon in a grid layer into a specific number of labeled columns and rows on Data view.

I have a grid layer (index) and I am trying to divide each grid into a specific number of columns and rows (A,B,C as Columns and 1,2,3 as rows) in order to intersect these new grids with a point feature layer to have the exact location of a point, ex: in page 120, zone A3).

Please, note the attached screenshots for more details.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MariamKhayyat
New Contributor III

Thanks for your answer, but i tried your method, and I found creating a fishnet within those bound not very useful, since it does not give a label choice as we want, furthermore, it needs a very precisely measurements to locate it exactly into the major grid layer.

After a deep search, i found a toolbox which is called Custom Grid Tools, you could download it by using this link: custom grid tools

and i found it very useful in our case, since it gives a new grid layer and a new label layer, which is very necessary for creating index.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

rerun the Fishnet within those bounds if you need a new layer. 

You could also do a Union—Help | ArcGIS Desktop or Update—Help | ArcGIS Desktop  in the other Overlay tools depending on how you want the table to appear.

If would be faster than splitting manually as in Splitting a polygon—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

MariamKhayyat
New Contributor III

Thanks for your answer, but i tried your method, and I found creating a fishnet within those bound not very useful, since it does not give a label choice as we want, furthermore, it needs a very precisely measurements to locate it exactly into the major grid layer.

After a deep search, i found a toolbox which is called Custom Grid Tools, you could download it by using this link: custom grid tools

and i found it very useful in our case, since it gives a new grid layer and a new label layer, which is very necessary for creating index.

MariamKhayyat
New Contributor III

Kindly find the attached screenshots that show the final results after using the Custom Grid tools in our case.