Geology

06-15-2019 10:37 AM
alexandernongkhlaw
New Contributor

I really need help on this..... I have dip amount value but i don not have strike value... How do i get the strike value using arcgis since i have a raw data map showing only of  dip amount.. Please i really need help.. Thank you

0 Kudos
23 Replies
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

Alexander,

Looks like you got it

If the symbol you have on your map was straight up and down it would be 180, you got 177 which looks close.  You can make your symbols a little bigger to make it easer to see and align.  Yes, you can rotate the symbol either direction, just make sure the dip symbol is on the correct side once rotated.

Here is a video on how to Convert from Azimuth to Quadrant. You can also find Excel calculators online or create your own.

0 Kudos
alexandernongkhlaw
New Contributor

THANK YOU ...so that mean i have to continue like u said for all the dip and strike symbology right?? and can i ask one more thing what about these other symbols like fold axis, vertical joints,fault contact,vertical foilation is there any method again for these things like i did for dip and strike??

0 Kudos
LanceCole
MVP Regular Contributor

alexander nongkhlaw‌, 

Yes, just keep going collecting the other data.

For the other symbols like fold axis, vertical joints, fault contact, etc.  These will also be oriented with the long axis of the symbol along the direction of the feature.  Not all of these have a related dip but just a direction.  Please see a sample of fault symbols below.  The same would apply for foliation and joints.

Faults

0 Kudos
alexandernongkhlaw
New Contributor

Thank you Lance for helping me...really help me alot

0 Kudos