General - Single Field locator not zooming

09-29-2015 10:03 AM
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

I have a composite locator service made up of 8 individual locators.  Four of the eight locators use the 'General - Single Field' locator style.

If I search for a parcel number using the composite locator service, the service finds the correct value, but zooms to somewhere not anywhere close to the feature.  I need to go back to the default extent and then zoom in on the parcel.  The parcel locator uses the 'General - Single Field' locator style.  I have tried both a polygon and point feature class, with the same result, so I believe the issue is with the locator style.  Am I missing a setting that needs to be done within the Composite Locator for 'General - Single Field' locators?

I've put together a test app, which can be used for seeing the behavior.

Below are sample values you can use within the search widget. All should return a possible value that use the 'General - Single Field' locator style:

Parcel numbers: 102525100100000, 102817600100000

Village: Alice, Covington

Municipality / Township: Putnam Twp

Subdivisions: STONEY POINT HEIGHTS 10TH

All locators are style release 10.3.

ArcGIS Server is 10.3

ArcGIS Desktop is 10.3

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

I'm showing some errors in console:

0 Kudos
mpboyle

Chris,

You may have gotten the app when I was republishing one of the locators.  I don't see any errors when doing a search now...

0 Kudos
mpboyle

...I get the same results when doing a search within ArcGIS Online and using one of our locators.  If I search for a parcel number, it zooms me to the US/Mexico border (...our data is located in Iowa...).

0 Kudos
mpboyle

...if I use the geocode service within ArcMap, it returns accurately located parcel numbers, so I'm not really sure where the issue is...something with how ArcGIS Online processes the search...?...the search widget itself...?

The geocode service can be found here, and can be used to search the above within ArcMap and returns correct results.

0 Kudos