file path to keycodes

Jump to solution
07-14-2014 11:26 AM
ErikBlake
Occasional Contributor III

So I want to create a new SDE GDB. The issue I am having is how to enter the path to my keycodes properly. I keep getting back the invalid file location error message. The keycode file is located on our gis server on the C drive. How do I represent the "C" in my file path in the tool so that it finds my keycode. Our IT people showed me once and I forgot.. I thought it was using $ or this %.

for example \\my server\$ or % \program files\ESRI\license10.1\sysgen\keycodes.

Any help on this would be great

Erik

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AntonioRodrigues_Martins_Junio
Esri Contributor

You can rename your keycode to .ecp to associate with authorization file. If the authorization file is in other machine, you can use \\server\c$ to access c:\ if you have permission to do this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AntonioRodrigues_Martins_Junio
Esri Contributor

You can rename your keycode to .ecp to associate with authorization file. If the authorization file is in other machine, you can use \\server\c$ to access c:\ if you have permission to do this.

AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

it would be \\server\c$ as Antonio suggested.

In case you want to, you can simply copy that Keycodes file to your local machine and use it, as and when required....you need not always point to the default location to use it.

KevinMayall

\\servername\c$ is the hidden share to the C: drive.  But consider just creating a new share to the keycodes folder and set the permissions on it.  e.g. \\servername\keycodes.

Kevin
ErikBlake

Thanks everybody for your help. I didn't realize that you can have the keycode file anywhere I always thought it had to point to the default location. So I appreciate everyone's help.

Erik

0 Kudos