Select to view content in your preferred language

Failed to join site ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8.1

07-25-2024 08:58 AM
Mark_Verlaat
Regular Contributor

Hi all,

I have a problem migrating from one machine to another (new Windows Server version and the AGE will be updated to 11.3 from 10.8.1). I will update the 10.8.1 to 10.9.1 and then update it to 11.3. 

However, after the install and join site, I am getting an Index Service error; this won't start and therefor the whole join site session is cancelled. I have read the logs and just before the index service error occurs, the machine want to configure a spatiotemporal big datastore (on the portal side) but gets a 503 error:

Mark_Verlaat_0-1721922624637.png

Here is a snippet of the log files. I have seen in the configuration that the spatiotemporal big datastore is a thing on portal, but there is not a STBDS on the Data Store. I have no idea *why* it cannot do anything, but a 503 means Forbidden. 

So I have triple checked my configuration:

- ArcGIS Portal Content on shared folder with permissions for the Service Account (Full Control)

- Made sure the ports are available on the old_portal & new_portal

- Made sure that the Service Account has access to the [...]\arcgisportal and [INSTALL]\ArcGIS\Portal on both machines

- Both machines have the same timezone and have all available patches installed

- There is only 1 NIC on the machines

I am at a loss and I cannot figure out why the Index Service gets these problems, but I have a hunch that it might be an access issue (that the account lacks the proper rights to do stuff). But I cannot give the IT admin the right direction to grant the rights. 

Can someone tell me how to solve this problem? I have contact the local Esri support, but without any real help (yet, holiday season here, so less staff I guess). 

A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

Hi Mark,

This could be due to a access issue as you say, a useful set of documents to show the IT admin would be available here (requires a ArcGIS Online login): https://trust.arcgis.com/en/customer-documents/

specifically, "Considerations for configuring antivirus software for ArcGIS Enterprise hosts" document.

Also, please double check all ports required between the Portals https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/system-requirements/latest/windows/pdf/ports-enterprise-deploy-dgm....

Hope this helps,

A

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."