Select to view content in your preferred language

Fail to copy feature class from file geodabase to enterprise geodatabase

08-03-2022 02:31 PM
AliciaShyu
Occasional Contributor

EDITED:

I've successfully copied two feature classes from the same file geodatabase to the same enterprise geodatabase. The error happened on the last feature class I'm trying to copy over.

I'm trying to copy a feature class from a file geodatabase to an enterprise geodatabase. 

The feature class has 930 columns and 141 rows.

The error says: ERROR 000260: Underlying DBMS error. Creating or altering table 'table name' failed because the minimum row size would be 15482, including 122 bytes of internal overhead. This exceeds the maximum allowable table row size of 8060 bytes.

ArcGISPro_lC7KgYjWzt.jpg

Enclosed is the excel version of the feature class. Could someone please tell me how to load it to an enterprise geodatabase?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Arcgis Pro 3.0?

Did you check the system and NET requirements?

ArcGIS Pro 3.0 system requirements—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

and while you are at it...

Install the drivers to work with Microsoft Excel files—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
NiekGoorman1
Occasional Contributor

It sounds from the error message that the huge number of columns is more than your database can handle. Try removing some columns or shortening the field names and see if that resolves the issue.

0 Kudos
AliciaShyu
Occasional Contributor

I was getting an "exceeds the maximum of 1024 columns" before and I reduced the amount of columns to 930 and now this error is about rows. I only have a handful of rows that are string and they don't exceed the max of 255 characters.

0 Kudos