Extract Changes - Possible Server Issue?

Jump to solution
08-27-2021 05:14 AM
SKW_UK
by
New Contributor III

Hi All,

In am looking to use the Extract changes interface from the REST API, to build in a change detection for integration between ArcGIS enterprise and an external system.

Am following details in this post:

https://developers.arcgis.com/rest/services-reference/enterprise/extract-changes-feature-service-.ht...

However, in step 1 of enabling change tracking, i naviagte to:

/rest/admin/services/<service name>/FeatureServer/

and get the following error:

"Could not find a resource or operation 'FeatureServer' on the system" - I can state now it is there, and we are using it in pro and mobile.

Looking at the admin services page (rest/admin/services), no feature services are shown, only map services.  If we go to the rest service page (/rest/services/) all service types are displayed.

So at the moment, this is a bit strange.  Either way, this is a minor block based on the instructions (maybe they are outdated).   I can add change trakcing capability, by selecting the map service, and adding it by editing the definition.

However, I see change tracking capability enabled on the Layer, but i do not see anything as per steps 2&3 of the instructions to get the layerservergens parameter which is crucial to the extract changes mechanism.

Does anyone else have any experience of this?

thanks,

steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mc-holton
New Contributor

I've got the same issue and cant find anything on it.
The Feature Service resides in an ArcGIS Enterprise Database (SQL Server), is Archive enabled, has a GlobalID and shows change tracking as a capability. However the layerServerGen details do not present for any layers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mc-holton
New Contributor

I've got the same issue and cant find anything on it.
The Feature Service resides in an ArcGIS Enterprise Database (SQL Server), is Archive enabled, has a GlobalID and shows change tracking as a capability. However the layerServerGen details do not present for any layers.

ElizabethHale1
New Contributor II

We're having this issue as well with 10.6.1 enterprise databases, standalone ArcGIS Server 10.8.1, and ArcGIS Pro 2.9.1. Documentation indicates this should be capable but it is not. Looking to resolve this!

0 Kudos