Export table unmatched address geocoding?

Jump to solution
02-16-2018 11:22 AM
AlexP_
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

ArcMap 10.5.1   Is there a way to export table gecoding unmatched addresses result? Please advise. Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Welcome to the wonderful wild world of geocoding:  it's time to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.

Look at Standardize Addresses—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

I've always written my own filters typically in python.  It's not sexy but once you get the hang of it you can clean things up in hurry.

That should just about do it....

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Do you mean to rematch your unmatched? or just separately?

see the pic

http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/data/geocoding/rematch-geocoding-results.htm

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

You  have a point feature class of all the addresses you geocoded: simply select those where Score = 0 and you have your unmatched ones.

AlexP_
by

I understand. This is helpful.  I noticed the area doesn't match most addresses as it is supposed to. I used geoaddress layer from the county and not all city applied the addresses. Is there any other geoaddress layer that doesn't consume credits? Google map API? Any advise? Thank you!

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I'm a roll 'yer own kind of guy and have always used my own data for geocoding.  If you have access to the original data from the county, you might be able to edit what you are matching against and get better hits.  You might also want to look at the address data you are matching; perhaps it needs to be cleaned up: those that did not hit may not be in the best format to match.

0 Kudos
AlexP_
by

The database is a mess and it is not coming from us. The geoaddress layer from the county has set up abbv such as ST, AVE, LN, etc. From the database, some addresses are mix such as LANE, STREET, ST, LN, and so on. I believe I have seen some kind of scripts somewhere here that could identify and replace the database into abbv. like automate. Where is the documentation for this? Thank you.

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

Welcome to the wonderful wild world of geocoding:  it's time to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty.

Look at Standardize Addresses—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

I've always written my own filters typically in python.  It's not sexy but once you get the hang of it you can clean things up in hurry.