ESRI Web AppBuilder Developer Edition Freezes when Selecting a Map

04-11-2018 08:58 AM
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

After upgrading ArcGIS Enterprise to 10.6, I've been having issues with all versions of ESRI Web AppBuilder Developer Edition, including the latest edition 2.7.

When I'm creating a new web app, when I select a map to use, it loads the basemap to the extent on how the map is saved, but after that WAB freezes. No data from the feature service loads and the side pane where I can add widgets is grayed out so I cannot select anything.

If I open the web map (not app) through Portal everything loads fine, it's just that WAB freezes when selecting maps. Also, the built in Portal WAB works fine, just not the developer edition.

Any thoughts on what this could be?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ryan,

Have you tried to monitor the network traffic in your web browser when Web AppBuilder Developer Edition attempts to open the web map from Portal for ArcGIS? This may help yield more info as to the cause of this behavior. For example, you could use Fiddler, Wireshark, or even the developer tools in Chrome.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff

Hello Derek,

When looking at the internet traffic, I get this message:  "No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource."

I have dealt with this message before. I know there is an option in Internet Explorer where I can enable access to data sources across domains, so this is something I can enable in IE (not sure how to do it in Chrome or Firefox right off, but I'll look into that).

Is there a reason why all of a sudden this is happening after a server upgrade from 10.5.1 to 10.6? Even using an already created web app at 10.5.1, then using it now through the WAB developer edition, it no longer works (only when trying to edit app, the app itself works fine in view mode).

Is there a setting within the server itself I can change to prevent this from happening, or is it only at the browser level?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ryan,

Sorry for the delayed response.

> Is there a reason why all of a sudden this is happening after a server upgrade from 10.5.1 to 10.6?

I've checked with the Dev team and there is nothing in the ArcGIS Enterprise software upgrade that would alter your CORS security settings. I would double check and verify that your ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS security settings haven't changed (perhaps by accident?) when you performed the upgrade.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
RyanUthoff

Hello Derek,

Thank you for your response. Nothing should have changed. I just ran the installation media to upgrade ArcGIS Enterprise like I have done for previous upgrades without changing any of the settings. I've never set any of the CORS settings within Server or Portal before, so I'm not sure what the settings were before the upgrade. The one time I saw this message before (and it was after the upgrade), I solved it in the browser.

Anyway, thank you for your help!