Error adding a feature service to ArcMap

06-08-2020 12:14 PM
SteveJavins
New Contributor II

I am unable to add a feature service to ArcMap (version 10.2.1). I get a warning that says, "Could not add the specified data object to the map. Item not found in this collection." I can add other feature services from the same ArcGIS Server (version 10.6.1). I'm using a 'User' connection, not a Publisher/Admin connection to try and add to the map. The only differences I can see compared to the other feature services are operations allowed. The service is being consumed by a web application and is otherwise working properly. It just can't be added to ArcMap. Appreciate any help...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ThomasJones1
Esri Contributor

Hello Steve Javins‌,

Does the source data for the feature service you are attempting to add to ArcMap contain any empty feature classes? I would also recommend reviewing the ArcGIS Server logs when you attempt add the feature service to ArcMap.

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Kudos
SteveJavins
New Contributor II

Thanks for the reply Thomas Jones‌. 

Some of the feature classes were in fact empty. I've since populated them with one or more features but still cannot load into ArcMap. Server logs show two errors:

I've created a case for this issue but if you have any other thoughts or suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos