Please help me resolve the below error. I am trying to publish a .sd file service using Server console.
The error is misleading, because the database is configured. Attaching screenshots.
ERROR 001366: Unable to publish service. Service requires a managed enterprise database and one is not configured. Failed to execute (Publish Service Definition). Failed.
Server version = 10.4.1
|ERROR 001360: Failed to get basic item metadata for service definition upload. Failed to execute (Publish Service Definition). Failed.|
I have some questions based on the information that you have provided. See the questions below:
1. Is this a standalone ArcGIS Server site? Or has the ArcGIS Server site been federated with Portal for ArcGIS?
2. Have you tried publishing from other interfaces besides ArcGIS Server Manager?
3. Can you try validating the managed database from the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory endpoint and provide the results? You can do this by signing into ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory and navigating to "data > "items" > "enterpriseDatabases". From the list of "Child Items", click on the Enterprise Geodatabase that you would like to validate. Then, click "machines" > "<Machine Name>" > "validate". Please let us know what is returned here.
Thank you for your reply. My answers:
1. Standalone server.
2. No. My company's ArcGis Desktop license expired these days and it will take some time to renew it.
3. Already did it (please see the attachment). The connection is valid.