Enterprise Builder with gMSA

05-03-2021 12:08 PM
JohnStreeb
Occasional Contributor

I'm looking to set up some single machine ArcGIS Enterprise implementations and was hoping to be able to get away with using Enterprise Builder for a pretty standard base deployment.  We were also looking at using gMSA (Group Managed Service Account) for the service account.  I'm wondering if anyone knows if I can use this kind of an account upon initial install of Enterprise Builder or not.  And, if I can't use a gMSA during install and have to change it manually to a gMSA later, will that cause any issues when running Enterprise Builder in the future to update to later versions (as I understand you can just run a new version of Enterprise Builder to upgrade all components to a new version).  We'd be initially installing at 10.8.1, but want to plan for an upgrade path for when such becomes available.

Any feedback regarding gMSA w/ Enterprise Builder would be great, thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello there John!

I am not sure about using the gMSA account at the Enterprise Builder level, but you should be able to configure that account post install. I am referring to the following documentation: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/latest/administer/windows/the-arcgis-server-account.htm (search for Group managed service account).

Seems like after the installation, you should be able to use the ServerConfigurationUtility to configure this type of account.

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos