Select to view content in your preferred language

Enabling Location Sharing for Educational license

09-23-2023 12:54 PM
vdamjanov
Emerging Contributor

Hello ESRI community,

I'm currently exploring the functionalities of ArcGIS Enterprise Field Maps for my organization's needs. I'm particularly interested in the location sharing feature for members of my organization. However, I've been told that adding "Mobile Worker" user type to my current license is not possible.

Sadly, even though I'm GIS Professional user type, I am getting error in Field Maps "Using this map requires location sharing to be turned on but you are not licensed for location sharing" in my Field Maps app on phone, for ArcGIS Enterprise server. I have all permissions to share location.

On ArcGIS Online (not Enterprise) it says: "To enable location sharing, your organization must purchase ArcGIS Location Sharing licenses."

I'm currently using the Educational Academic Departmental Medium Annual Subscription, I'd like to ask if there's a way to enable or work around this limitation. Has anyone faced a similar issue or can offer guidance on how to get the location sharing feature up and running?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

0 Replies