Dynamic text in layout will not print the values for selected features

Jump to solution
09-23-2020 09:48 PM
ManishPatel
Esri Contributor

Issue summary:

The Dynamic Text used in the Layout in ArcGIS Pro will not display or update the value dynamically for selected features on the map in ArcGIS Pro or web application in ArcGIS Enterprise.
Currently, the values displayed are all values.

• The dynamic text element 'Value' is added as below to the layout in ArcGIS Pro.

• Set the attribute for the dynamic text value element as shown below to show visible rows

• In a web application created using the WAB configured the print service to use the layout created.
  • The pdf print document shows the dynamic text with all the values.

Is this correct or is the dynamic text value element suppose to show only the attributes for selected records?

Is my understanding correct or am I missing something?

I even tried to refer to the blog for using a custom print layout but the sample web application does seem to work.

Print reports from ArcGIS Enterprise web apps 

My current environment is as below:

ArcGIS Server - 10.7.1

Portal for ArcGIS - 10.7.1

ArcGIS Pro - 2.6.1

I have also attached the document which entails the steps to reproduce.

Any help/suggestions/recommendations are appreciated.

Cheers,

Manish

Cheers,
Manish
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ManishPatel
Esri Contributor

Hey Everyone,

Turns out that the way it is supposed to work is not what I was looking for. It will work on the features that are visible in the map frame but not on the selected features on the map. The alternative would be to use a report along with layout as an option.

Add and modify dynamic text—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Cheers,

Manish

Cheers,
Manish

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ManishPatel
Esri Contributor

Hey Everyone,

Turns out that the way it is supposed to work is not what I was looking for. It will work on the features that are visible in the map frame but not on the selected features on the map. The alternative would be to use a report along with layout as an option.

Add and modify dynamic text—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Cheers,

Manish

Cheers,
Manish
0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi  Manish Patel‌,

To get dynamic text element work with print service you need to do some extra python code and bit different approach.

I have been planning to put them together. Let's see whether i can do that sometime soon.

cheers,

Tanu

ManishPatel
Esri Contributor

Hi Tanu Hoque,

Thanks for your reply. I did manage to write the python script to overwrite the dynamic text element and got it working perfectly fine.

Cheers,

Manish

Cheers,
Manish
LisaCasey
New Contributor III

Hello - I am also trying to accomplish this same functionality - would you be willing to share your python script?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looking for some help with a dynamic text query that should display the length of a route based on its priority. I'm not understanding why the number in my layout isn't matching what can be seen in the Statistics and Data Engineering panes:

SHartholt_0-1669387611081.png

SHartholt_1-1669387660618.pngSHartholt_2-1669387677633.png

SHartholt_4-1669387880544.png

I believe the dynamic text is displaying the sum of priorities R (9,737) and W (825)

0 Kudos