Distributed Collaboration Missing in Portal

10-14-2020 01:39 PM
DavidMaggio
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have a distributed collaboration between my organization's AGOL and Portal. This collaboration is hosted in AGOL with a workspace that was created with an common group to send content as copies from Portal to the AGOL. The scheduled syncs in this collaboration had been functioning properly.  But suddenly the collaboration disappeared in the portal collaborations list. In the portal admin logs, there is a message stating that the collaboration was deleted by the host. 

"The host for collaboration 'XXXXXXXXXXXX' has deleted the collaboration (400). As a result, your organization's collaboration will also be deleted."

However, the AGOL hosting the collaboration still lists the Portal account as a Guest Organization as active, but with a failed Sync Status. We have confirmed that no manual deletion of this collaboration was performed.

Interestingly, the collaboration behaves like it still exists for feature services and map services that were shared prior to the disappearance of the collaboration in portal (with changes to the services in portal updating in AGOL), but not for newly published services (which are not appearing in the AGOL when shared with the group in Portal). 

I am unable to create a new workspace with the same group, nor can I re-send the invitation to the guest organization because the status is active. I also cannot invite a new guests with the same URL. and would prefer not to delete the existing collaboration and remake it from scratch while re-sharing all of the services. 

Can anyone provide guidance on what is the best path forward for repairing this collaboration? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi David Maggio‌,

Thanks for outlining this in such detail - it sounds like you've done a lot of troubleshooting already.

I'm curious if the collaboration is still listed for Enterprise in the REST API. That resource can be found by appending sharing/rest/portals/0123456789ABCDEF/collaborations to your Enterprise URL:

Collaboration—ArcGIS REST API | ArcGIS for Developers. If it is there, see if there is still a collaboration workspace by clicking on the collaboration ID.

If it is not listed, rather than having to delete the whole collaboration, I'm thinking if the next best option is to remove the Enterprise guest from the Online side and then issue another invitation. In the same spot where you see the guest listed in the collaboration admin UI, click the cog and select 'Remove Guest Organization.' You can keep all the same services shared to the collaboration groups so they can sync again when Enterprise joins back up. This is assuming that the collaboration has been effectively removed from Enterprise so you are able to reissue another invitation. I expect there would be errors if the collaboration still has remnants on the Enterprise side.

If that is the case and/or the collaboration is still listed in the REST API on the Enterprise side, we may want to go through Esri technical support to troubleshoot further and take a look at the setup if possible.

Hilary

0 Kudos
StefanoSchiavini
New Contributor II

Hi,

I've exactly the same problem as David, with my distributed collaboration between AGOL (host) and Portal (guest).

Everythink was fine until the collaboration disappear from the portal side without any reason, but still in place in AGOL.

Same as David, the AGOL hosting the collaboration still lists the Portal account as a Guest Organization as active, but unlike David the Sync Status is OK.

Stefano

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @StefanoSchiavini, I'd take a look in REST to see if the collaboration is there on the Enterprise side (check out the above post for the steps). There's also the option to remove the Enterprise guest and add again.

This might be something good for Esri support to take a look at since you are experiencing the issue as well. They can also help troubleshoot your environment directly so we can understand the root cause and prevent it from happening in the future.

0 Kudos
KevinChristy1
Occasional Contributor

Hey!

So I have had the same exact issue as well, but more similar to @StefanoSchiavini's issue. My AGOL side still says the sync status is ok. Investigating further...

@ESRISupport 

0 Kudos