Select to view content in your preferred language

Disaster Recovery Script

11-25-2020 06:26 PM
JesseJosserand
Emerging Contributor

I am creating a new dev/test implementation of 10.8.1 with multiple server architecture.

I need to port data from another 10.6.1 instance and was told there was a disaster recovery script I could use for that purpose with my 10.14 postgresql database.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonEmch
Esri Regular Contributor

Is the 10.6.1 instance the same structure as your new 10.8.1 instance?

Keep on keeping on!
0 Kudos
SaurabhUpadhyaya
Frequent Contributor

As part of our disaster recovery (DR) strategy for our ArcGIS Server in an Active-Active HA Deployment, we need your input on the following points:

1. What needs to be backed up, and what is most important during recovery? Should we focus on ArcGIS Pro Project Files (.aprx), or is it crucial to export ArcGIS sites (.ags) as well?
  2. Is there an automatic mechanism to implement this? How much time would it typically take to recover?
  3. Regarding EC2 instance backups—since these are already implemented—how should we handle ESRI licensing during restoration? Will the existing license work, or do we need to release the applied license from the old instance, generate a new license, and apply it?
  4. If a complete EC2 instance backup is scheduled weekly, are any additional backups needed, such as for the Configuration Store (D:\arcgisserver) or GPService toolboxes?

I appreciate your suggestions and look forward to your feedback.

0 Kudos